A. What should I do with old certificates?

Contractors with supplies of 17th Edition Amendment 3 certificates and forms of reporting will still be able to use these on installations designed in accordance with that edition of the BS 7671 regulation.

Installations designed after January 2019 must use the new certificates unless you are issuing an Electrical Installation or Minor Works certificate for a project designed to a previous edition.

Note: contractors are advised to maintain stocks of forms accordingly.

Back to Questions