Logic Part P, Full Scope VRQ Level 2 Training Courses London
Logic Part P, Full Scope VRQ Level 2 Training Courses
Part P training in London teaches candidates to understand and successfully work to Part P standards. These standards form part of the Building Regulations and are common standards implemented for electrical work in domestic environments.
Those holding this qualification will be able to carry out work successfully to this standard and will be able to implement and repair electrical systems.
Once the course has been completed, candidates will gain a recognised qualification and may even be able to register on a competent person scheme.
During the course, learners will cover the following aspects of Part P:
• Applicable Building Regulations for Domestic Electrical Installation
• Electrical Safety Legislation, Regulations, Standards and Terminology
• Domestic Electrical Circuit Installation
• Installing Domestic Lighting Circuits
• Domestic Electrical Earthing and Bonding Requirements
• Inspection, Testing and Commissioning Single Phase Domestic Electrical Circuits
• Special Locations and Installations Including Kitchens
• Domestic Electrical Installation Pre-Work Survey/Inspection
• Basic Understanding of 3 Phase
Assessment for this course takes the form of a 45 minute examination which is taken under closed book conditions. Learners must also pass all eight learning modules and successfully fulfil all 40 guided learning hours prior to taking the written examination.
All those passing the Part P qualification will receive a qualification certificate from Logic with a five year validity period. Learners must have completed all 40 guided learning hours.
Course Length and Location
The Part P training course is six days long in total and is held at the training centre in Watford, London.
The Part P course in London is most suitable for those who want to work with electrics in domestic situations installing and maintaining electrical systems. This course is also suitable for those from other backgrounds who would like to build on their experience or complete electrical jobs as part of this trade.
There are many trades which would find this course useful including:
• Electrical Installers
• Kitchen Fitters
• Heating Engineers
• Loft Conversion companies
Progression and Development
Those passing the Part P course have many options for progression and development. Which course is chosen will depend on what ambition and career progression learners want. However, a few options could include the following:
• City and Guilds 2377-10 The Management of In-Service Inspection and Testing of ElectricalEquipment
• City and Guilds 2377-22 The In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
• City and Guilds 2382-12 17th Edition Training course
There are no formal entry requirements for the Part P course, however learners would find it useful to have some familiarity with electrical installation systems in dwellings.
Course Reading Material
Learners on the Part P course are advised to obtain and familiarise themselves with the following text books:
• IEE 17th Edition Wiring Regulations
• IEE Onsite Guide
Part P qualifications for Domestic Electrical Installers
The London based Part P course provides training for those wanting to work in domestic electrical installation roles and comply with Part P of the Building Regulations.
Once learners have successfully completed this course, they may be able to apply to one of the competent person schemes across the country and self certify work.
For further information on this course, competent person schemes and their requirements, or to discuss your training options, contact us on 01642 987 978 or select one of the tabs below.