CITB Test Centre - Apply for a CSCS Card
Take the CITB Health and Safety test at our accredited training centre and gain your CSCS card.
CITB Test Centre - Apply for a CSCS Card
Request a Factsheet
Electrical Training Course is an accredited CITB test centre, allowing you to take the CITB Health and Safety Test at our premises and gain a CSCS card afterwards.
Important Information About Applying for a CSCS Card – Please Read
- Candidates must prove they have taken a relevant health and safety course within the last 2 years. Please call us for advice on accepted qualifications
- If you have not already sat a health and safety course, please call us for advice on the qualifications you need
- If you have already passed a relevant health and safety course within the last 2 years, you can apply to take the CITB Health and Safety Test (£19.50+VAT = £23.40) and there will also be a charge of £30.00+VAT (£36) for the CSCS card
- You will be issued with your relevant CSCS card after successfully taking the test
- You must phone us to book your test – we can accomodate walk-ins but only if there are no other exams booked at that time. We will not turn you away, but you may have to wait for the examination room to become available
- Candidates must arrive one hour before the test time as we have a booking-in process to go through
- Each test lasts 45 minutes, with 50 multiple-choice questions
- Candidates must bring 2 valid forms of photographic ID (passport and driving license)
- If you are unsure about which card you require, please call us and we can advise on which is applicable
What is CSCS?
CSCS stands for the Construction Skills Certification Scheme – it’s your proof that you have adequate health and safety training to work safely on UK-based construction sites.
The CSCS card is issued to those who can prove they have this competency and have taken the pre-requisite training courses required to gain the card.
It is worth noting that there is NOT just one CSCS card – there are several different types, all with their own entry requirements. Which one you need will depend entirely on your specialism (more information available on this further below).
How to Apply for a CSCS Card
Although the requirements are different for each card, most of the time you will require a construction-related qualification as well as a relevant health and safety course which was passed within the last two years.
Applying for the card is relatively simple; however, there are two different routes to applying depending on whether you’re an individual, or an employer.
- Find out which card you need – doing this is simple – just get in touch with us directly and we’ll let you know which card you need
- Make sure you have the necessary qualifications – before applying, check you have successfully passed a relevant health and safety course within the last two years. If you are unsure about which course(s) you need to take, please call us directly and we can help
- Apply for your card – call us on 01642 987 978 and we can organise a test date for you, allowing you to get your card after passing
You may need to renew or gain CSCS cards for your employees. If you are an employer responsible for others, please contact us on 01642 987 978 to organise getting cards for your employees.
Help and Advice
Got any questions about which training courses you need to take or which card you need?
Our training department are on hand every weekday to help answer any of your questions.
Give us a call on 01642 987 978 and we’ll be able to help you pick the right CSCS card!
All Prices Exclude VAT
|4 May||£30.00||1 days||Space Available|
Select A Course
- Become an Electrician
- 17th Edition Courses
- City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition Course
- 17th Edition Online
- 17th Edition 2382-15 (Exam Only)
- 3rd Amendment Workshop
- Domestic Electrical Courses
- Electrical Courses Packages
- Health and Safety
- Labourer CSCS Card Package – Incl. Health & Safety Course + Exam + CSCS Card
- CITB Test Centre - Apply for a CSCS Card
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CITB Site Mangement Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- IOSH Working Safely
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- ECITB CCNSG Leading a Team Safely Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Training Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Renewal Course (Engineering Construction)
- Inspection and Testing Courses
- Intro to Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2392-10 Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- City & Guilds 2394-01 Initial Verification & Testing
- City & Guilds 2395-01 Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined City & Guilds 2394-01 & 2395-01 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined EAL 4337 & 4338 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Part P Electrical Courses
- PAT Training Courses
- City & Guilds 2377-22 PAT Training Course (2 Day)
- PAT Testing Competency Training Course
- Thermography Courses
- HV Authorised Person (SAP) / Switching Courses
- HVSO1 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Operation of High Voltage Power Systems
- HVSO4 – Senior Authorised Person – Safe Switching Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (SAP)
- HVS05 – High Voltage Sanction for Test Receipt Authorisation Course
- HVS06 – Practical Introduction to the Safe Operation of High/Low Voltage Switchgear up to 15kV
- HVWP1 – Wind Turbine SAP Training: Safe Switching of Power Distribution Networks
- HVS03 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Safe Switching of HV Power Systems (HVS01 Refresher)
- Substation & Switchroom Courses
- High Voltage Testing Courses
- Marine & Offshore High Voltage Courses
- Cable Jointing & Spiking Courses
- HVTC3 – High Voltage Cable Spiking and Cable Identification Training Course
- HVCJT01 – High Voltage Cable Jointing Course, Including Termination Above 1000V AC
- LVCJT02 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminating (Live Working)
- LVCJT03 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working)
- High Voltage Onsite Training & Consultancy