CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
This two-day training course is made for both new and existing supervisors working within the construction sector.
CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
Request a Factsheet
Two-day training course for site supervisors
The CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) introduces site supervisors to their legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues.
Construction work is, by its very nature, dangerous. Accidents – and in the worst case – deaths can occur due to a lack of health and safety at these sites. It is the responsibility of site supervisors to ensure that the site their employees are working at is safe to do so, as well as to make sure that health and safety best practice is followed at all times by those on site.
The CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme is suitable both for existing supervisors as well as those who want to potentially progress into this role. During the course, you’ll learn how health and safety applies to a supervisory role, helping you to understand how to manage safety on-site much more effectively and to understand the potential issues that ignoring health and safety could cause.
This course is recognised by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the required standard for all managers working on UKCG sites.
This course certificate must be renewed every five years by attending a SSSTS Refresher course. Failure to do this will require you to sit the full course again.
Over the course of the two days, you’ll take part in case studies, classroom discussions, group work and individual/group presentations focused on health and safety within the construction sector.
Topics covered during this course include:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act
- Specific site issues that challenge supervisors on a daily basis
- Effective toolbox talks
- Supervision of occupational health
- Behavioural safety
The minimum entry requirement for CITB courses is a good understanding of spoken and written English.
If you have any concerns about your eligibility for this course please call us directly on 01642 987 978 and we’ll be able to help.
Strongly recommended for new supervisors, plus existing supervisors, working in the construction industry, the CITB Site Supervisor course Stockton gives you the knowledge and skills to create a safe, efficient construction environment.View Course Details..
All Prices Exclude VAT
|10 May||£275.00||2 days||Space Available|
Select A Course
- Become an Electrician
- 17th Edition Courses
- 17th Edition Course 2382-15
- 17th Edition Online
- 17th Edition 2382-15 (Exam Only)
- 3rd Amendment Workshop
- Domestic Electrical Courses
- Electrical Courses Packages
- Health and Safety
- Labourer CSCS Card Package – Incl. Health & Safety Course + Exam + CSCS Card
- CITB Test Centre - Apply for a CSCS Card
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CITB Site Mangement Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- IOSH Working Safely
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- ECITB CCNSG Leading a Team Safely Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Training Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Renewal Course (Engineering Construction)
- Inspection and Testing Courses
- Intro to Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2392-10 Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- City & Guilds 2394-01 Initial Verification & Testing
- City & Guilds 2395-01 Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined City & Guilds 2394-01 & 2395-01 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined EAL 4337 & 4338 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Part P Electrical Courses
- PAT Training Courses
- City & Guilds 2377-22 PAT Training Course (2 Day)
- PAT Testing Competency Training Course
- Thermography Courses
- HV Authorised Person (SAP) / Switching Courses
- HVSO1 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Operation of High Voltage Power Systems
- HVSO4 – Senior Authorised Person – Safe Switching Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (SAP)
- HVS05 – High Voltage Sanction for Test Receipt Authorisation Course
- HVS06 – Practical Introduction to the Safe Operation of High/Low Voltage Switchgear up to 15kV
- HVWP1 – Wind Turbine SAP Training: Safe Switching of Power Distribution Networks
- HVS03 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Safe Switching of HV Power Systems (HVS01 Refresher)
- Substation & Switchroom Courses
- High Voltage Testing Courses
- Marine & Offshore High Voltage Courses
- Cable Jointing & Spiking Courses
- HVTC3 – High Voltage Cable Spiking and Cable Identification Training Course
- HVCJT01 – High Voltage Cable Jointing Course, Including Termination Above 1000V AC
- LVCJT02 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminating (Live Working)
- LVCJT03 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working)
- High Voltage Onsite Training & Consultancy