Safe Isolation & Handyman Course for Non-Electrical Personnel in Teesside
Ensuring that electrical equipment is isolated is a major part of the course and learners will become competent in being able to safely isolate, prove dead and re-energise.
The Safe Isolation / Handyman Course in Stockton-On- Tees covers the below topics:
- Basic electrical theory
- Electrical shock – what is it?
- Overview of current and resistance
- Earthing and why it’s important
- Different types of circuit board (240v and 415v)
- Circuit identification
- Fuses, circuit breakers and, MCBs
- Lighting and power circuits
- Safe working practices
- Safe isolation
- Test equipment
- How to wire/change a plug
- Replacing socket outlets and fused spur units
- Working with light fittings
- Replacing tubes, bulbs and starters
- Ladder and step ladder safety
- Limitations of electrical work allowed
Practical assessments along with a written 30 question multiple choice test paper.
Upon successful completion, learners will receive a certificate of competence detailing topics that have been covered in the course.
Portable Appliance Safety Services Ltd
1 Alberto Street
This course is a popular choice for those living in the Teesside area and is suitable for job roles such as:
- Property maintenance personnel
- Facilities management companies
No formal pre-requisites are required.
There are no essential readings for this course, but an interest in the subject matter would be beneficial.
|9 Jun||£299.00||1 days||Space Available|