Low Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminating (Live Working)
Suitable for those with an existing electrical qualification or those working towards one, this course will give you a practical introduction to safely preparing low voltage cables (up to 1000V) for jointing and termination.
Course Duration: 5 Day
Location: Stockton-On-Tees High Voltage Training Centre
Assessment: Written Examination & Practical Examination
Certificate Gained: PASS Certificate of Competency (Certificate of Attendance gained for those who do not pass the tests or decide not to take the tests)
Entry Requirements: Previous experience of working with low voltage cables required.
Included: Course entry and examination costs, lunch and refreshments (tea, coffee and juice)
Reading Requirements: There are no peripheral reading materials required for this course
Book your place on our Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating course today by filling in our online booking form to the right, or by calling the team directly.
About the Low Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminating Course
This low voltage training programme is designed to introduce the candidate to the particular methods and techniques which are required to joint and terminate live low voltage cables up to (and including) 1000V (1kV).
Under instruction from our low voltage training professionals, you will learn the correct methods involved in the preparation of live low voltage cables prior to jointing or terminating them. During the course, you’ll gain an understanding of how to correctly strip and prepare a cable, allowing you to install almost any type of joint or termination made by any manufacturer.
The low voltage cable jointing and terminating course covers the following subjects:
- Understand and demonstrate personal safety including the basics of onsite safety requirements, hand tools, resins and personal hygiene
- Understand the basic principles and the use of test instruments including earth loop, insulation resistance tester and test lamps and evaluate results
- Demonstrate test procedures for resistance, continuity, earth loop and polarity
- Understand visual cable identification (cable depths, markers, tiles)
- Demonstrate live working procedures and when they are required
- Understand when they can work on damaged and/or faulty apparatus
- Demonstrate they can strip cables
- Mix and pour resin
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase cut out including jointing instructions and procedures
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase sub service pot end
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase sub-service straight joint including jointing instructions and procedures
- Demonstrate they can make cable ends safe
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase service joint on to three phase Wavecon mains
Course Entry Requirements
Those who want to attend this course must have previous experience of working with low voltage cables.
Candidates should be undertaking, or in the process of undertaking, a suitable electrical qualification. The course is ideally suited for jointer’s mates, electricians and those from similar disciplines who want to learn more about cable jointing and terminating on low voltage electrical cables.
Any concerns about your suitability for this course? Give us a call directly and we’ll be happy to help.
What Assessments are There?
You will take part in both a written and practical examination as part of the low voltage cable jointing and terminating course.