Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working)
This version of the low voltage cable jointing and termination course is specifically made for working on dead cables only.
Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working)
Request a Factsheet
Course Duration: 5 Day
Location: Stockton-On-Tees High Voltage Training Centre
Assessment: Written Examination & Practical Examination
Certificate Gained: PASS Certificate of Competency (Certificate of Attendance gained for those who do not pass the tests or decide not to take the tests)
Entry Requirements: Previous experience of working with low voltage cables required.
Included: Course entry and examination costs, lunch and refreshments (tea, coffee and juice)
Reading Requirements: There are no peripheral reading materials required for this course
Book your place on our Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating course today by filling in our online booking form to the right, or by calling the team directly.
About the Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working) Course
Learn to both joint and terminate low voltage cables up to (and including) 1000V with this LV training course from PASS.
This version of the course is specifically made for the termination and jointing of dead cables only – if you need to work with live cables, you should consider taking the LVCJT02 course (live working) instead.
The course will introduce you to the correct methods involved in the preparation of low voltage cables prior to jointing and/or termination. You will also learn how to correctly strip and prepare a cable, allowing you to install almost any joint or termination on cables by any manufacturer.
This low voltage cable jointing/terminating course covers the following subjects:
- Understand and demonstrate personal safety including the basics of onsite safety requirements, hand tools, resins and personal hygiene.
- Understand the basic principles and the use of test instruments including earth loop, insulation resistance tester and test lamps and evaluate results.
- Demonstrate test procedures for resistance, continuity, earth loop and polarity.
- Understand visual cable identification (cable depths, markers, tiles).
- Understand when they can work on damaged and/or faulty apparatus.
- Demonstrate they can strip cables.
- Mix and pour resin.
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase cut out including jointing instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase sub service pot end.
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase sub-service straight joint including jointing instructions and procedures.
- Demonstrate they can make cable ends safe.
- Demonstrate they can complete a single phase service joint on to three phase Wavecon mains.
Please note that the practical content of this course may vary depending on material availability.
Course Entry Requirements
Those who want to attend this course must have previous experience of working with low voltage cables.
Candidates should be undertaking, or in the process of undertaking, a suitable electrical qualification. The course is ideally suited for jointer’s mates, electricians and those from similar disciplines who want to learn more about cable jointing and terminating on low voltage electrical cables.
Any concerns about your suitability for this course? Give us a call directly and we’ll be happy to help.
What Assessments are There?
You will take part in both a written and practical examination as part of the low voltage cable jointing and terminating course.
All Prices Exclude VAT
|8 May||£1750.00||5 days||Space Available|
Select A Course
- Become an Electrician
- 17th Edition Courses
- City & Guilds 2382-15 17th Edition Course
- 17th Edition Online
- 17th Edition 2382-15 (Exam Only)
- 3rd Amendment Workshop
- Domestic Electrical Courses
- Electrical Courses Packages
- Health and Safety
- Labourer CSCS Card Package – Incl. Health & Safety Course + Exam + CSCS Card
- CITB Test Centre - Apply for a CSCS Card
- CITB Health and Safety Awareness
- CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
- CITB Site Mangement Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- CITB Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme Refresher
- IOSH Managing Safely
- IOSH Managing Safely Refresher
- IOSH Working Safely
- NEBOSH National Construction Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety
- ECITB CCNSG Leading a Team Safely Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Training Course (Engineering Construction)
- ECITB CCNSG National Safety Passport Renewal Course (Engineering Construction)
- Inspection and Testing Courses
- Intro to Inspection & Testing
- City & Guilds 2392-10 Fundamental Inspection, Testing & Initial Verification
- City & Guilds 2394-01 Initial Verification & Testing
- City & Guilds 2395-01 Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined City & Guilds 2394-01 & 2395-01 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Combined EAL 4337 & 4338 Initial & Periodic Inspection & Testing
- Part P Electrical Courses
- PAT Training Courses
- City & Guilds 2377-22 PAT Training Course (2 Day)
- PAT Testing Competency Training Course
- Thermography Courses
- HV Authorised Person (SAP) / Switching Courses
- HVSO1 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Operation of High Voltage Power Systems
- HVSO4 – Senior Authorised Person – Safe Switching Operation of High Voltage Power Systems (SAP)
- HVS05 – High Voltage Sanction for Test Receipt Authorisation Course
- HVS06 – Practical Introduction to the Safe Operation of High/Low Voltage Switchgear up to 15kV
- HVWP1 – Wind Turbine SAP Training: Safe Switching of Power Distribution Networks
- HVS03 – Authorised Person Training – Limited Safe Switching of HV Power Systems (HVS01 Refresher)
- Substation & Switchroom Courses
- High Voltage Testing Courses
- Marine & Offshore High Voltage Courses
- Cable Jointing & Spiking Courses
- HVTC3 – High Voltage Cable Spiking and Cable Identification Training Course
- HVCJT01 – High Voltage Cable Jointing Course, Including Termination Above 1000V AC
- LVCJT02 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing & Terminating (Live Working)
- LVCJT03 – Low Voltage Cable Jointing and Terminating (Dead Working)
- High Voltage Onsite Training & Consultancy